Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
PMA Fresh Summit
Pure Flavor to promote snacking category & Georgia greenhouse project
In just weeks thousands of produce industry executives across multiple segments and categories will be heading to New Orleans to participate in the Produce Marketing Association’s annual Fresh Summit Convention & Trade Show.
With an interactive display planned for both the trade show and outside of the event itself, Pure Flavor has been ramping up its promotional activities with a focus on everything snacking.
“Our snacking programs are well established in the marketplace with our Juno Bites Red Grape Tomatoes, Aurora Bites Sweet Mini Peppers, and Poco Bites Cocktail Cucumbers”, said Matt Mastronardi, Executive Vice-President.
Pure Flavor's complete line of snacking items also include 6 different types of snacking tomatoes that are packed in an oval clamshell. Customers will be able to view the snacking series which will be on display at Booth #1635 as well as on display in the Featured Product Showcase at the trade show.
“The Pure Flavor Mini Munchie Snack Size Veggie program combines healthy snacking ideas in a convenient pack format”, stated Ken Paglione, Key Account Manager. The Mini Munchie Program is a versatile program that allows for different snacking (tomatoes, mini sweet peppers, cocktail cucumbers) product configurations in snack sized formats.
Studies conducted by Pure Flavor have shown that 4oz packages are the perfect snack sizes for kids, parents, and senior citizens alike. The Mini Munchie Program will be on display in the Featured Product Showcases as well as at the Mini Munchie interactive area outside of the convention center.
While PMA has identified the theme of ‘great ideas are always in season’ being the focus of this year’s Fresh Summit in New Orleans, Pure Flavor is planning for years to come to continue with the groundbreaking of the company’s new 75-acre greenhouse project in Peach County, GA.
Left to right: Joe Moracci, Chairman, Pure Flavor | Jamie Moracci, President, Pure Flavor | Jeff Moracci, Chief Financial Officer, Pure Flavor | Matt Mastronardi, Executive Vice-President, Pure Flavor
“In late September, we broke ground in Georgia on our new 75-acre greenhouse project, shovels are in the ground and land levelling has begun”, said Jamie Moracci, President.
The $105 million-dollar investment in Georgia is the biggest single investment the company has made to date. Using the latest in greenhouse technology, Dutch greenhouse builder Havecon was selected to build & manage the project.
Left to right: David Cleveland, Chair, Development Authority of Peach County | Lonnie Smallwood, ECG Project Manager (Former) | Nikki Yu, Project Manager, State of Georgia Economic Development | Joe Moracci, Chairman, Pure Flavor | BJ Walker, Executive Director, Development Authority of Peach County | Gary W. Black, Commissioner, Georgia Agriculture | Jamie Moracci, President, Pure Flavor | Jeff Moracci, Chief Financial Officer, Pure Flavor | Matt Mastronardi, Executive Vice-President, Pure Flavor
The Georgia greenhouse facility will be growing Tomatoes & Cucumbers under lights to help grow year-round. “We are honoured that Pure Flavor selected Georgia for their greenhouse vegetable project. Georgia is the #1 state in the US 4 years running where local food systems flourish. Pure Flavor will play an integral part in the growth of the Georgia Grown branding program in the southeastern United States,“ stated Gary W. Black, Georgia Agriculture Commissioner.
The #1 economic driver in the state of Georgia is agriculture and represents a $75 billion-dollar economic impact. “Agriculture makes life better”, said Black. Completion of the construction part of the project is expected by early Summer 2018; the first picks of Georgia grown greenhouse tomatoes & cucumbers will take place in mid-Fall 2018 and will continue throughout the winter that year.
For more information:
T: +1 519 326 8444
Publication date: 10/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: