Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Photo report New York Produce show
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The newest in produce labeling technology at Fresh Summit
Hurst International, provider of fruit labeling technology and the originator of the patented Print on Demand (POD) Versaprint labeling system, is offering PMA attendees a chance to witness firsthand the system’s capability, versatility and “on demand” features as labels print to serve as raffle tickets for a drawing at Hurst’s booth 1645. Participants submit their business card along with the Versaprint printed raffle ticket for a chance to win a Callaway Golf Chev Stand Bag and a set of Callaway Golf X Series 416 Irons (8 Irons). The winner will be randomly selected after the show and will be contacted by Hurst. The bag and set of clubs will be shipped directly to the winner.
“We are very excited to showcase our Print on Demand Versaprint labeling system,” explains Ari Lichtenberg, president and CEO of Hurst International. “To see the labeling system in action is an experience we are eager to share. Our Direct Thermal Printing technology allows packers to label up to 63 different graphics at speeds up to 15 fruits per second with the highest effective application rate in the industry. The high application rates of over 95 percent make cleanup easy while reducing production costs. To be able to see the speed and versatility of the systems in operation at the booth will really demonstrate its capabilities.”
Along with Hurst staff from Los Angeles, representatives from Chile, Mexico, Canada and Israel will be at the booth to demonstrate the automatic labeling technology through the Versaprint Dual Cassette system, and other pre-printed labeling technology. Demonstrations will include “item level traceability” by printing codes on the label, and the Dual Cassette system will show packers how to use two different label stocks on a single bank all with the Print on Demand feature.
Print on Demand labeling system
Hurst has multiple patents and over 70 Print on Demand systems in operation for several key leaders in the citrus, apple, pear, stone fruit, avocado, pomegranate, kiwi, and onion industries. Hurst prides itself on innovation and customer service propelling them as the technology leaders in the industry. A major citrus grower recently selected Hurst’s Dual Cassette systems due to the flexibility and considerable smaller space allocation needed to run the labels. Additionally, a renowned avocado company installed the first Print on Demand Versaprint labeling system in Mexico. It is the first POD system in the country.
Visit booth 1645 to watch the POD systems in action.
Tel: (310) 383-8548
Publication date: 10/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: