Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
California Avocado Commission ready for PMA Fresh Summit
With the 2017 California avocado harvest wrapped up, the California Avocado Commission (CAC) is setting its sights on next season and introducing new plans at the Produce Marketing Association (PMA) Fresh Summit in New Orleans. The Commission will have a booth during the expo on October 20 and 21.
“The California Avocado Commission invites retailers to visit Fresh Summit booth 1033 to learn about the 2018 California avocado crop,” said Jan DeLyser, CAC vice president marketing. “Next year’s harvest is expected to be larger and in season longer than in 2017, and we are excited to share ideas to support participating retailers.”
CAC’s blend of traditional media, digital, social media and public relations is reaching millions of targeted avocado shoppers using tools unheard of a decade ago. Among the 2017 highlights were videos showcasing California avocado recipes. The videos were used in partnership with retailers, including promotion on retailers’ web and social sites. Customized marketing support for committed retail partners is the cornerstone of CAC’s marketing strategy, and DeLyser expects that to continue.
“Consumer demand for California avocados continues to be very strong, and CAC’s marketing support with participating retailers is yielding outstanding results,” said DeLyser. “We will continue with what’s working, explore new tactics and layer on additional support next year.”
Photo credit: @leefromamerica
One addition in 2018 includes participation in the American Heart Association’s ® Heart-Check Certification program. CAC will promote American Heart Association-certified California avocado recipes and avocado heart health information, including a recipe booklet for retail use. Retailers who visit CAC’s booth at Fresh Summit can preview that program. The Commission also is a sponsor of the Produce for Better Health Association supermarket dietitian program. During the expo on Friday, Registered Dietitian and media spokesperson Manuel Villacorta will engage with participating dietitians and share his recipe for Avocado White Bean Dip.
Breaking from tradition, the Commission will not be featuring California avocados in dishes served at Fresh Summit this year. According to DeLyser, "Our season is finished and there simply aren't any California avocados available right now. Though we won't be featuring avocados in the dishes we serve, we do plan to have some tasty options, just ask!"
Publication date: 10/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: