Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Michigan officially declares October as Apple MonthTo recognize the importance of the Michigan Apple industry, Gov. Rick Snyder has declared October Michigan Apple Month.
With more than 11.3 million apple trees in commercial production, covering 35,500 acres on 825 family-run farms in Michigan, apples are the largest and most valuable fruit crop in the Great Lakes State. Michigan is known as the variety state, with more than 16 varieties commercially available, according to the Michigan Apple Committee (MAC).
“Michigan Apple growers work diligently year-round to produce the best tasting apples in the world,” said Diane Smith, executive director of the Michigan Apple Committee.
This year’s Michigan Apple crop is estimated to be 20.3 million bushels, according to the official crop estimate announced on August 25 at the U.S. Apple Association’s Outlook meeting in Chicago.
To discover new ways to celebrate Michigan Apple Month this year, citizens were invited to visit the Michigan Apple website for recipes, tips, flavour profiles, farm market locations and more.
Publication date: 10/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: