Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Michigan officially declares October as Apple MonthTo recognize the importance of the Michigan Apple industry, Gov. Rick Snyder has declared October Michigan Apple Month.
With more than 11.3 million apple trees in commercial production, covering 35,500 acres on 825 family-run farms in Michigan, apples are the largest and most valuable fruit crop in the Great Lakes State. Michigan is known as the variety state, with more than 16 varieties commercially available, according to the Michigan Apple Committee (MAC).
“Michigan Apple growers work diligently year-round to produce the best tasting apples in the world,” said Diane Smith, executive director of the Michigan Apple Committee.
This year’s Michigan Apple crop is estimated to be 20.3 million bushels, according to the official crop estimate announced on August 25 at the U.S. Apple Association’s Outlook meeting in Chicago.
To discover new ways to celebrate Michigan Apple Month this year, citizens were invited to visit the Michigan Apple website for recipes, tips, flavour profiles, farm market locations and more.
Publication date: 10/5/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: