- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US: Michigan officially declares October as Apple Month
With more than 11.3 million apple trees in commercial production, covering 35,500 acres on 825 family-run farms in Michigan, apples are the largest and most valuable fruit crop in the Great Lakes State. Michigan is known as the variety state, with more than 16 varieties commercially available, according to the Michigan Apple Committee (MAC).
“Michigan Apple growers work diligently year-round to produce the best tasting apples in the world,” said Diane Smith, executive director of the Michigan Apple Committee.
This year’s Michigan Apple crop is estimated to be 20.3 million bushels, according to the official crop estimate announced on August 25 at the U.S. Apple Association’s Outlook meeting in Chicago.
To discover new ways to celebrate Michigan Apple Month this year, citizens were invited to visit the Michigan Apple website for recipes, tips, flavour profiles, farm market locations and more.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/31/2017 "“Fuji apple sizes are running approximately three sizes larger this season"
- 10/31/2017 Enough Royal Gala for Polish producer
- 10/30/2017 Apples on the vine - an innovative method to grow fruit trees
- 10/27/2017 Michigan apple growers may lose millions of dollars without migrant workers
- 10/27/2017 "This is the year in which Spanish apples can get their place in the market"
- 10/26/2017 Smitten apple expanding across North America
- 10/26/2017 Crunch Time Apple Growers goes online for their SnapDragon brand refresh
- 10/25/2017 'Long lasting relationships much better than making a quick buck'
- 10/24/2017 Stemilt triples production of organic Honeycrisp apples
- 10/24/2017 Dramatic top fruit year for Sweden
- 10/23/2017 Oregon pear growers pleased with healthy season
- 10/23/2017 USApple launches grant program to bring healthy snacks to schools
- 10/20/2017 New Washington apple variety making inroads in market
- 10/20/2017 Korean pear market continues to see growth in US
- 10/19/2017 Over saturated Polish apple market pushes diversification
- 10/19/2017 Washington pear 2017-18 crop harvest wrapping up
- 10/18/2017 Argentina: Apple exports to Brazil fell by 58.4%
- 10/18/2017 Premium apples drive category sales
- 10/17/2017 USApple asks: How Do You #AppleADay?
- 10/16/2017 Chile is Peru's main supplier of apples