Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Ecuadorian plantain chips in Japan's main supermarkets
Green, sweet and ripe plantain chips from the Ecuadorian brand Plantain Republic are being sold in major supermarkets in Japan. Jose Sanchez, head of ProEcuador's office in Tokyo, said that the addition of this product to Japanese bars and restaurants is projected.
It is promoted as a healthy snack with less oil absorption, a French fries replacement, and a good companion for drinks, foods, spicy sauces, and dressings, among others.
Among the main products that Ecuador exports to the Japanese market, the following show a growth in the first seven months of 2017 compared to the same period of 2016: broccoli, cocoa and fresh bananas.
Publication date: 10/4/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: