Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
South Africans spend more on beer than fruit and vegetables combinedA recent report by Statistics South Africa has found that South Africans really love their beer, even more than their fruit and vegetables.
In fact, South African households spend more on beer than they do on fruit and vegetables. To be specific, beer accounts for about 2,1% of a household’s total spending – this is the same percentage that’s spent on personal care. Vegetables make up 1,5% of the entire household budget and fruit 0,3%.
According to the report, South Africans really love their beer – more than any other type of alcohol, including wine and spirits. The report reveals that both rural and urban areas saw a 0,3% increase in the price of beer in June 2017 from June 2016.
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: