Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
South Africans spend more on beer than fruit and vegetables combinedA recent report by Statistics South Africa has found that South Africans really love their beer, even more than their fruit and vegetables.
In fact, South African households spend more on beer than they do on fruit and vegetables. To be specific, beer accounts for about 2,1% of a household’s total spending – this is the same percentage that’s spent on personal care. Vegetables make up 1,5% of the entire household budget and fruit 0,3%.
According to the report, South Africans really love their beer – more than any other type of alcohol, including wine and spirits. The report reveals that both rural and urban areas saw a 0,3% increase in the price of beer in June 2017 from June 2016.
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: