Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Walsh Mushrooms launch a Vitamin D MushroomEvesham based Walsh Mushrooms are launching a Vitamin D enriched mushroom following a £250,000 investment in a two-year project which has been granted Novel Food Status. The mushrooms, which are enriched with a controlled light, will provide a rich source (>30% DRI) of Vitamin D of ≤10μg per100g. Public Health England (PHE) recommend children from the age of one year and adults need 10μg of Vitamin D a day. This could be provided by 3-4 mushrooms.
Vitamin D is important as it helps regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body and these nutrients are needed to keep bones, teeth and muscles healthy. Between October and early March we don't get enough Vitamin D from sunlight. Mushrooms are very similar to people in that they convert light into Vitamin D, and none is lost through cooking.
Padraic O’Leary, Managing Director, commented that it is “important to continue to develop and add to the health benefits of mushrooms which, in turn, will help bring in new customers into the category. With Northern Europe not having adequate levels of sun light to produce Vitamin D during the winter months this is an inexpensive and natural way to improve your intake”.
The Vitamin D mushrooms will be available in selected Aldi stores in the Midlands from early October.
For more information
Tel: +44 1386 425 272
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: