Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Bruxton fruit & veg wholesaler to grow with £16,000 grantThe family-owned Tomson (Buxton) is one of 19 Derbyshire businesses that have received a share of £530,000 so far from the government-funded Peak Leader Rural Grants Scheme for small firms, farmers or community groups in the High Peak and Derbyshire Dales.
Now the company looks to grow after being awarded a grant of £16,724 to extend one of their warehouses. Deb said: “We’ve wanted to extend one of our warehouses for a while but it’s a big project that would cost a lot of money so I’m really pleased we heard about these grants to help us.
“Within the extension is a second loading bay so we can send and receive deliveries at the same time and we have more space to move stock around. We’ve also been able to take on two new members of staff as a result and we’re looking to employ one more.”
Tomson (Buxton) source food from growers across the UK and supplies a range of products to schools, businesses, hotels and restaurants across Derbyshire, the Peak District and further afield.
Read more at buxtonadvertiser.co.uk
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: