Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey's hazelnut exports rise 89%
Turkey's hazelnut exports rose 89.2 percent to over 28,000 tons year-on-year in September, a hazelnut exportersí association said Monday.
Turkey earned $187.4 million by exporting 28,111 tons of hazelnuts in September, the first month of the Turkey's hazelnut export season, Ilyas Edip Sevinc, president of Black Sea Hazelnut and Products Exporters' Association (KFMIB), told Anadolu Agency.
"During the same period last season, 14,855 tons of hazelnuts were exported and a revenue of $138.8 million was generated," Sevinc said.
In the last hazelnut export season which ended as of Aug. 31, Turkey earned around $1.88 billion by exporting more than 235,000 tons of hazelnuts.
Turkey is the world's largest exporter of hazelnuts.
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: