Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CMA CGM to acquire Sofrana Unilines
CMA CGM has agreed to acquire the majority of shares in Sofrana Unilines, a significant player in the Pacific Islands regional maritime trade.
The French carrier will make the purchase through its subsidiary ANL, which already offers 16 trade lanes servicing major ports throughout Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, North Asia, South East Asia, the Indian Subcontinent and North America.
Sofrana Unilines operates directly, or in partnership, a fleet of 10 vessels on eight trade-lanes, servicing 21 ports in Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and the Pacific islands.
A statement from the Marseilles-based company said: “ANL’s extensive reach across Asia, ISC and North America coupled with Sofrana’s in-depth knowledge of the Pacific islands will provide customers with a new level of service and routing options.”
The newly combined group, Sofrana ANL, will join CMA CGM’s portfolio of regional specialists, which features OPDR and MacAndrews in Europe and CNC in Asia.
In addition, CMA CGM announced in June its project to acquire Mercosul Line to build up its operations in Brazil.
The acquisition of Sofrana Unilines is expected to be completed by the end of October.
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: