Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
CMA CGM to acquire Sofrana Unilines
CMA CGM has agreed to acquire the majority of shares in Sofrana Unilines, a significant player in the Pacific Islands regional maritime trade.
The French carrier will make the purchase through its subsidiary ANL, which already offers 16 trade lanes servicing major ports throughout Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, North Asia, South East Asia, the Indian Subcontinent and North America.
Sofrana Unilines operates directly, or in partnership, a fleet of 10 vessels on eight trade-lanes, servicing 21 ports in Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and the Pacific islands.
A statement from the Marseilles-based company said: “ANL’s extensive reach across Asia, ISC and North America coupled with Sofrana’s in-depth knowledge of the Pacific islands will provide customers with a new level of service and routing options.”
The newly combined group, Sofrana ANL, will join CMA CGM’s portfolio of regional specialists, which features OPDR and MacAndrews in Europe and CNC in Asia.
In addition, CMA CGM announced in June its project to acquire Mercosul Line to build up its operations in Brazil.
The acquisition of Sofrana Unilines is expected to be completed by the end of October.
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: