Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Former Indian ag minister calls for fruit & veg research institute
Former Indian agriculture minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar today demanded setting up of an institute for promoting research in the field of fruit and vegetables with a view to reducing farmers losses.
Addressing state-level representatives of farmers, Pawar said that if farmers come forward he can help them in taking up the issue with departments concerned for setting up the research institute.
He said that farmers were committing suicide due to financial distress and projects like Amul in Gujarat and Vasantdada sugar institute can help improve the financial conditions of growers.
Pawar said that the Amul project helped improve economic conditions of Gujarat and it is possible to set up an institute for fruit and vegetables with the help of other bodies.
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: