Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Optimistic about post-Brexit opportunities
UK: Hub Rural marks 10th year of growth
The South Lincs based agri-food and land agency business, Hub Rural, has reported its 10th year of consecutive growth.
Hub Rural Founder, Hugh Baker
The business, which provides consultancy to agri-business, farmers, landowners, estates and fresh produce entities, has grown its business by 400% over the past 10 years, with client numbers and turnover up every year since its was founded.
Founder of Hub Rural, Hugh Baker, said: “It’s a big milestone for any company to be trading for more than a decade, but more importantly for us, we can say that we’ve grown every single year and this shows no signs of abating.
“We aim to help our clients to grow, sustain and realise the value of their business assets, which often needs to be handled off the market, and so a large amount of our work is done privately which means we’ve been busy growing our own business quietly for years.
“These are interesting times for the industry with Brexit almost certainly due to change the nature of farm subsidies and stewardship schemes over the next few years. Periods of uncertainty should push businesses into asking the difficult questions, and those in our area are not immune from this; in fact it should be embraced so they are be prepared for every eventuality. We view Brexit as an opportunity that will force change for the good, and we specialise in helping our customers react positively to change.”
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: