Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Aviko teams up with TOMRA for Chinese french fry plant
SnowValley Agricultural Group and Aviko Group, after investing in a joint venture between the two potato product brands, have decided to once again team up with TOMRA Sorting Food, for the development of a new state-of-the-art French fry processing facility.
The €151m joint venture aims to deliver the highest standard of potato products to the premium segment of the Chinese French fry market.
The new potato processing facility, located at Zhangjiakou, Hebei Province, China, will have an annual production capacity of 150,000 tons and is expected to be completed by September 2018. TOMRA’s flagship Eco steam peeling line and the recently launched sorting platforms, TOMRA 5A and TOMRA 5B, will play important roles in the facility.
Mr. Don Wang, President of Aviko SnowValley and Mr. Joop Van Drunen, General Manager of Aviko SnowValley, both remarks, “We are aiming to build an industry leading French fry processing line in China, that delivers the highest quality and performance, while also reducing waste and impact on the environment."
TOMRA Eco Peeler
"TOMRA has collaborated successfully with both SnowValley and Aviko on previous projects for many years, and we know TOMRA’s solutions are reliable and efficient. We are confident TOMRA’s latest innovations and technologies will be the best choice for us.”
The TOMRA 5A whole potato sorter removes various defects and foreign material, such as stones, soil, glass and plastics, minimizing the risk of food contamination down the processing line and protecting critical processing components, such as the hydro cutters or fryer.
The TOMRA 5B is a sorter featuring a combination of features. In the new Aviko SnowValley French fry line, two TOMRA 5Bs will be installed to guarantee the quality of the final products. With technological advancements, such as the smart surround view, the machines will help increase quality at a high processing volume, TOMRA states.
For more information on TOMRA Sorting Food visit www.tomra.com/food
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: