Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Hangzhou holds 'Western creek persimmon festival'
Persimmons are red, so there is a strong autumn feeling to them. On September 28th, the annual 'Western creek persimmon festival' started. The wetland on the western creek organizes a majestic feast to celebrate the bumper harvest. Friends from all over the world come together in this place. They use 30,000 persimmons to put together a jigsaw puzzle with a diameter of 10 meters: 'happily welcoming the Nineteenth National Congress'. In this special way they celebrate the bumper harvest, welcoming the Nineteenth National Congress of the Communist Party.
According to reports, the persimmon festival will continue until October 15th. During this period, 'the great persimmon delivery', 'happy picking experiments for the people', 'persimmon cruise', 'creative persimmon hiphop graffiti' and other activities will make people feel relaxed and free against the autumn scenery of the western creek and make them remember this beautiful time.
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: