Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Asaja Aragon proposes extension of grace period for loans to tackle Russian veto
The agrarian organization ASAJA Aragon has proposed to extend the grace period for the loans given to tackle the Russian veto for another year.
In a press release, the organization has pointed out that "the stone fruit sector is crucial for the livelihood of the people in large areas of Spain." Faced against several circumstances beyond its control, such as the Russian veto on EU fruit imports decreed in 2014 by Russia, the stone fruit sector "has been suffering the impact of prices below production costs for several campaigns in a row."
It has asked the central and regional governments to request an urgent declaration from the EU regarding the "serious market disturbances to the fruit sector" and the creation of an effective crisis management and support system with the funds of the crisis reserve, as foreseen in the new regulation of the CAP.
They have also recommended drafting a start-up plan, proposing a pre-retirement plan for producers from the age of 60, activating special measures for this group, such as a moratorium on loans contracted and an advance of the payment of the subsidy for the insurance of fruit trees this year.
They have defended the family fruit production model, giving a boost to the promotion of sweet fruit in Spain, improving the fruit consumption plan in schools and fighting against speculation in the commercial chain.
Source: Europa Press
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: