Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Asaja Aragon proposes extension of grace period for loans to tackle Russian veto
The agrarian organization ASAJA Aragon has proposed to extend the grace period for the loans given to tackle the Russian veto for another year.
In a press release, the organization has pointed out that "the stone fruit sector is crucial for the livelihood of the people in large areas of Spain." Faced against several circumstances beyond its control, such as the Russian veto on EU fruit imports decreed in 2014 by Russia, the stone fruit sector "has been suffering the impact of prices below production costs for several campaigns in a row."
It has asked the central and regional governments to request an urgent declaration from the EU regarding the "serious market disturbances to the fruit sector" and the creation of an effective crisis management and support system with the funds of the crisis reserve, as foreseen in the new regulation of the CAP.
They have also recommended drafting a start-up plan, proposing a pre-retirement plan for producers from the age of 60, activating special measures for this group, such as a moratorium on loans contracted and an advance of the payment of the subsidy for the insurance of fruit trees this year.
They have defended the family fruit production model, giving a boost to the promotion of sweet fruit in Spain, improving the fruit consumption plan in schools and fighting against speculation in the commercial chain.
Source: Europa Press
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: