Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Stemilt triples production of organic Honeycrisp apples
Stemilt Growers is preparing for its biggest Honeycrisp apple season yet. The Washington State-based company has expanded acreage which will result in more apples and lengthened availability for the highly demanded variety.
Photo courtesy of Stemilt Growers
“Our Honeycrisp acreage has increased drastically over the last few years,” said Stemilt spokeswoman Brianna Shales. Stemilt expects that the apple, which is being harvested now, will be available through early summer 2018.
Stemilt has also nearly tripled its organic Honeycrisp supply in just one year’s time. “Our organic supply is increasing with multiple varieties, however, Honeycrisp has the most growth in a single year,” said Shales.
The company has been growing Honeycrisp for a decade and continues to look for strains with better color and flavor.
Stemilt also has plans for a spring launch of their pilot program for premium Honeycrisp, called Honeyhill.
Publication date: 10/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: