Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Chinese demand for imported fruit increases
"In the past few years, as the standard of life has improved, the demand for new fruit varieties has also increased. That is why imported fruit is becoming increasingly popular in China," says Ms. Ji of Great-Sun Foods Co., Ltd.
Fruit processing facility of Great-Sun Foods Co., Ltd.
"As a modern agricultural trading company with 25 years of experience, we have signed 40 agreements with production areas all over China, totalling over 90 different kinds of fruits and vegetables and a production area of over 6,000 hectares (60,000 mu). We mainly work with apples, pears, oranges, and grapes. Currently, we use the ports of Shenzhen, Xiamen, Qingdao and Tianjin to export 35% of our products, with South East Asia and Canada as our largest markets."
High quality Gannan navel oranges
"From 2012, we have continuously imported new fruit breeds from many countries, like Chile, Peru, America, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and South East Asia, by diversifying our sales channels. For example, we are now using well-known Chinese supermarkets, distributors, and e-commerce. In the past few years, our fruit import has been increasing year after year. Currently, our imported fruit takes up around 15% of our total business."
High quality pears
"Apart from import and export, we are also selling our high quality fruits and vegetables through traditional sales channels and e-commerce platforms. We sell them to many large-scale chain supermarkets and distributors in first and second tier cities in China. E-commerce now takes up 7%-8% of our total sales. We hope that this will increase dramatically in the future."
High quality apples
"In China, we have 7 branch offices and processing facilities. We work together with production sites in several excellent production regions, such as Shandong, Guangdong, Fujian, Xinjiang, Yunnan, Jiangxi, Shaanxi and Hebei. Our integrated management method, which covers production, harvest, refrigeration, storage, classification, processing and distribution, is enforced by our agricultural experts. Furthermore, our diversified sales channels make sure that we can offer our customers the best products and services."
Great-Sun Foods Co., Ltd.
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: