Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Bostwana bans import of potatoes and other vegetables
Botswana on Friday said it has placed a ban on imports of lettuce, onions, carrot, potatoes and cabbage.
“Traders will only be allowed to import tomatoes and beetroots at 50% acquisition given the absence of the two products locally,” Ministry of Agricultural Development and Food Security spokesperson Boikhutso Rabasha said.
She said other crops are still available locally, hence traders must continue supporting the current producers. She further said that traders who ignore the regulations would risk losing their licences.
Publication date: 10/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: