Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian Dairy Coop to enter french fry market and offer farmers better prices
In India, the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) is starting the production of frozen French Fries in October of this year.
They have set up shop in North Gujarat, close to McCain Foods India and Hyfun Frozen Foods.
Their entry into the market could be favorable for potato farmers because the co-operative dairy giant is now planning to directly procure potatoes from farmers, just as they do for their 3.6 million dairy farmers that jointly own the cooperative.
GCMMF is launching frozen french fries, potato wedges, hash browns and burger patty (aloo tikki) products under their Amul / Taste of India brand.
"We will launch potato products such as french fries in the second week of October," RS Sodhi, managing director, GCMMF told.
"Amul has readied a plant for these products near Mehsana and its production capacity will be 50,000 tonnes. For this, we require 1 lakh (100.000) tonnes of potatoes."
Publication date: 10/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: