Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
TruGarlic launches fresh-chain for organic garlic
Sjaak Twisk and Bas Groeneveld have launched a fresh-chain so that consumers can get to know organic fresh garlic. The question is, how can consumers become more familiar with the product?
TruGarlic has delivered organic fresh garlic from its own cultivation since two years ago. Most consumers only use or know dried garlic and are getting to know fresh garlic for the very first time.
"‘The garlic bulbs that are delivered to clients need to be of absolute premium quality. We want consumers to get an unforgettable experience by eating the fresh organic garlic. This way consumers will buy them again," Bas said.
The cultivation, storage and product handling is all done in-house in order to better control quality.
One of the goals of TruGarlic is to present consumers with an attractive and recognizable product. The organic fresh garlic is characterized by its bright colours. The white bulb and green stalk are clearly recognizable on the shelf and are entirely fit for consumption. ‘Something that is not known by every consumer’ says Bas. ‘It is important to explain this story to a big audience and therefore we aim to have more product introductions in consultation with our customers. This applies to both specialist retailers and supermarkets. The timing is good. There are changes happening on the whole fresh products shelf. This is the right moment for a new organic impulse.’
For more information:
Tel: +31 (0) 620 37 88 21
Publication date: 10/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: