Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Harvesting of pears almost overThe harvesting of pears was early for all varieties this year, especially for early ones like S. Maria, Carmen and Williams. Operations are almost over, as the weather favoured the development of fruit, which presents excellent organoleptic qualities with a high sugar content.
This was reported to FreshPlaza by an operator, who also added that the data available confirms 2016 forecasts. While there is a slight increase of Abate and Carmen pears, Williams and Max Red Bartlett are stable. Volumes of Conference, Kaiser and Decana have instead dropped.
Grades are substantially within the norm, while in 2016 they were larger than standard.
Sales of Carmen pears are almost over and, according to the operator, things went rather well.
The commercialisation of Abate pears started slightly early all over Europe and overseas, while sales on the domestic market have just started for Williams and Max Red Bartlett.
The first small quantities of Kaiser pears have just been shipped abroad.
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: