Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Harvesting of pears almost overThe harvesting of pears was early for all varieties this year, especially for early ones like S. Maria, Carmen and Williams. Operations are almost over, as the weather favoured the development of fruit, which presents excellent organoleptic qualities with a high sugar content.
This was reported to FreshPlaza by an operator, who also added that the data available confirms 2016 forecasts. While there is a slight increase of Abate and Carmen pears, Williams and Max Red Bartlett are stable. Volumes of Conference, Kaiser and Decana have instead dropped.
Grades are substantially within the norm, while in 2016 they were larger than standard.
Sales of Carmen pears are almost over and, according to the operator, things went rather well.
The commercialisation of Abate pears started slightly early all over Europe and overseas, while sales on the domestic market have just started for Williams and Max Red Bartlett.
The first small quantities of Kaiser pears have just been shipped abroad.
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: