Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Greek fruit and veg exports to Canada expected to increase
The start of the provisional application of the European Union-Canada Trade Agreement (CETA) is expected to have a positive impact on Greek fruit and vegetable exports.
The Hellenic-Canadian Chamber considers "21 September 2017 a very important day for business relations between Greece and Canada."
The expert adviser of the Association of Greek Exporters and Traders of Fruit and Vegetables (INCOFRUIT-HELLAS,) Giorgos Polychronakis, also believes that the agreement will have a positive impact on Greek exports.
In his words, "the EU-Canada Agreement, abolishing duties on 98% of EU products exported to Canada, came into force on 21 September, with fresh fruit and vegetables included in the list of products that will be exempt from customs duties previously in force."
The abolition of tariffs already applicable to Community exports of fruit and vegetables creates new opportunities for Greek producers and traders and will boost exports to this market.
Greek exports of fresh fruit and vegetables to Canada in 2016 (kiwi, figs, etc.) amounted to just 1,342 tonnes worth 3,103,057 Euro."
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: