Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Greek fruit and veg exports to Canada expected to increase
The start of the provisional application of the European Union-Canada Trade Agreement (CETA) is expected to have a positive impact on Greek fruit and vegetable exports.
The Hellenic-Canadian Chamber considers "21 September 2017 a very important day for business relations between Greece and Canada."
The expert adviser of the Association of Greek Exporters and Traders of Fruit and Vegetables (INCOFRUIT-HELLAS,) Giorgos Polychronakis, also believes that the agreement will have a positive impact on Greek exports.
In his words, "the EU-Canada Agreement, abolishing duties on 98% of EU products exported to Canada, came into force on 21 September, with fresh fruit and vegetables included in the list of products that will be exempt from customs duties previously in force."
The abolition of tariffs already applicable to Community exports of fruit and vegetables creates new opportunities for Greek producers and traders and will boost exports to this market.
Greek exports of fresh fruit and vegetables to Canada in 2016 (kiwi, figs, etc.) amounted to just 1,342 tonnes worth 3,103,057 Euro."
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: