Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bracing for Brexit, vegetable exporter releases new products
Brexit is looming, but UK food exporter Mash Direct is thinking ahead by launching four new products this month.
But it’s not the only way the firm is innovating as it braces itself for Brexit – the company is also weighing up the possibility of opening an EU base.
The company's newest product will be their – ‘nourish bowls’ – which will launch in three low-calorie, ready-to-eat meals in flavours inspired by regions around the world.
It comes just a few weeks after the firm launched its new beer-battered chips, made using craft ale produced just a few miles away.
Tracy and Martin’s sons Lance (31) and Jack (29) are both involved in the business. Jack takes control of Mash Direct’s marketing and reaching out to new markets. He explained that the challenge with chips, like the other products was making something healthy and also gluten-free.
He said: “People have always asked us: ‘Why don’t you do chips?’
“It is a company policy of ours not to have any red ‘traffic lights’ on [the packaging of] any of our products and so we wanted to make a chip that was crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside without having a high fat content.
“By creating a gluten-free, beer batter to lightly coat the potatoes, we are able to create an innovative chip that’s completely different from others available in the market place and still stay true to our roots.
“These chips have been years in the making and we are proud to have waited so long to bring them to market because we think they are perfect.”
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: