Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Morrisons launches £5 wonky veg box
Morrisons has launched a £5 veg box which it claims can feed a family of four for a week. Customers who don’t mind their vegetables “wonky” can buy a box for just £3, plus a delivery charge, of between £1 and £5.
Buying the wonky box has the added benefit of helping the environment by saving on food waste. Tonnes of vegetables which don’t match up to strict supermarket size and shape parameters are thrown away each year.
Morrisons is going head-to-head with big-four supermarket rival, Asda, which recently launched its own box of misshapen vegetables for £3.50.
The standard box is available from 28 September while the wonky box, as well as an £8 organic box, will be on sale from Monday 2 October.
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: