Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Morrisons launches £5 wonky veg box
Morrisons has launched a £5 veg box which it claims can feed a family of four for a week. Customers who don’t mind their vegetables “wonky” can buy a box for just £3, plus a delivery charge, of between £1 and £5.
Buying the wonky box has the added benefit of helping the environment by saving on food waste. Tonnes of vegetables which don’t match up to strict supermarket size and shape parameters are thrown away each year.
Morrisons is going head-to-head with big-four supermarket rival, Asda, which recently launched its own box of misshapen vegetables for £3.50.
The standard box is available from 28 September while the wonky box, as well as an £8 organic box, will be on sale from Monday 2 October.
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: