Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
The Fábrica 4.0 project is already complete
Kiwi Atlántico to expand its facilities to improve the product
Kiwi Atlántico will expand its facilities by 1,000 square metres this year in order to improve and increase the production and distribution of its agricultural products. This project, which has the financial support of the Regional Council of Rural Affairs of the Government of Galicia, helps Kiwi Atlántico consolidate as the largest kiwi marketer in Spain and one of the most important in Europe.
The company is expanding its facilities with the construction of a new covered area consisting of 985 square metres of warehouse space for new cold stores, the expansion of the packaging area by 734 square metres and the launch of a new 53 square metre ripening chamber with capacity for 40,000 kilos of fruit per day. Moreover, it will improve the air conditioning of refrigeration rooms for two new storage chambers (for 1,500 tonnes of extra storage) and will have more packaging machinery.
These investments are budgeted at just over 3,100,000 Euro and are expected to be completed within two years.
The decision to expand the facilities is being undertaken after the completion of the "Fábrica 4.0" project in which Kiwi Atlántico was working and the installation of the machinery for the non-destructive sorting of the fruit. One of the objectives of this innovation project is to standardise kiwifruit in batches based on their characteristics (Brix, hardness, firmness and dry matter. This will allow the quality of the fruit reaching the consumer to be homogeneous, so that they can eat it whenever they want without having to check which pieces are riper.
Kiwi Atlántico at Fruit Attraction 2017
Kiwi Atlántico will once again be present with its own stand (Hall 6) at the international exhibition Fruit Attraction, in Madrid, within the grouped space of the association "5 a day". During the three days of the event, the company's managers will welcome anyone from the sector visiting the stand, located in Hall 6 (6B04A) of IFEMA. In addition, there will be kiwi tastings and visitors will also be offered an original kiwi ice cream.
Also, visitors will have the chance to discover the new image associated with the new campaign, which has been commissioned to the renowned graphic artist Luis Davila, probably the most acclaimed Galician artist today. With the slogan "You deserve the most natural", the new promotional image of Kiwi Atlántico manages to convey freshness and closeness to the final consumer.
More information: http://www.kiwiatlantico.com
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: