Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Exports from New Zealand to China increased by 19%
On September 26, Statistics New Zealand published figures for the year ending in September. In August, New Zealand's exports to China reached 10.8 billion New Zealand dollars (US $ 0.72). Compared with last year's August figures, the export volume increased by 19%. The Chinese market demand for Golden kiwis increased significantly and, in the last 12 months, New Zealand's Golden kiwi income amounted to 1.8 billion New Zealand dollars, which is the highest rate in history.
August and September were very successful months for the New Zealand fruit industry. Exports totaled 311 million New Zealand dollars, an increase of 29%. Kiwi export growth is the most impressive, it amounted to 268 million New Zealand dollars, 73 million New Zealand dollars more than last year, and an increase of 37%. In August, New Zealand's kiwifruit exports to China increased by 58 million New Zealand dollars, which made the whole of New Zealand's export to China worth 85 million New Zealand dollars higher than last year, an increase of 13%.
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: