Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Exports from New Zealand to China increased by 19%
On September 26, Statistics New Zealand published figures for the year ending in September. In August, New Zealand's exports to China reached 10.8 billion New Zealand dollars (US $ 0.72). Compared with last year's August figures, the export volume increased by 19%. The Chinese market demand for Golden kiwis increased significantly and, in the last 12 months, New Zealand's Golden kiwi income amounted to 1.8 billion New Zealand dollars, which is the highest rate in history.
August and September were very successful months for the New Zealand fruit industry. Exports totaled 311 million New Zealand dollars, an increase of 29%. Kiwi export growth is the most impressive, it amounted to 268 million New Zealand dollars, 73 million New Zealand dollars more than last year, and an increase of 37%. In August, New Zealand's kiwifruit exports to China increased by 58 million New Zealand dollars, which made the whole of New Zealand's export to China worth 85 million New Zealand dollars higher than last year, an increase of 13%.
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: