Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Exports from New Zealand to China increased by 19%
On September 26, Statistics New Zealand published figures for the year ending in September. In August, New Zealand's exports to China reached 10.8 billion New Zealand dollars (US $ 0.72). Compared with last year's August figures, the export volume increased by 19%. The Chinese market demand for Golden kiwis increased significantly and, in the last 12 months, New Zealand's Golden kiwi income amounted to 1.8 billion New Zealand dollars, which is the highest rate in history.
August and September were very successful months for the New Zealand fruit industry. Exports totaled 311 million New Zealand dollars, an increase of 29%. Kiwi export growth is the most impressive, it amounted to 268 million New Zealand dollars, 73 million New Zealand dollars more than last year, and an increase of 37%. In August, New Zealand's kiwifruit exports to China increased by 58 million New Zealand dollars, which made the whole of New Zealand's export to China worth 85 million New Zealand dollars higher than last year, an increase of 13%.
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: