Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Ecuador gets preferential rates in United Arab Emirates
The Exports and Investment Promotion Institute ProEcuador and Dubai Ports World (DP World) signed an agreement last September 14 that makes Ecuador the first Latin American nation to obtain preferential rates with this international port operator.
The agreement aims to improve trade relations between the country and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) by increasing the volume of Ecuadorian exports to Dubai. However, preferential rates with discounts range from 1% to 56% on the use of the Jebel Ali port facilities.
The signing took place between Mario Vallejo, head of ProEcuador's commercial office in Dubai and Mohammed Al Muallem, senior vice president and general manager of DP World, which has a network of 78 terminals in 40 countries.
From January to July 2017, non-oil exports from Ecuador to the UAE recorded a growth of 50.7% in FOB value (from $ 16.02 million to $ 24.15 million) and 55.9% in tons (from 24. 9 thousand MT to 38.9 thousand MT), compared to the same period of 2016.
Ecuador's banana is the product with the highest demand; on average 70% of the non-oil exports to that country correspond to this fruit. Other products with an important demand are those made from bananas (organic and orito), roses, chewing gum, chocolates, large and organic shrimp, broccoli, avocado, among others.
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: