Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ecuador gets preferential rates in United Arab Emirates
The Exports and Investment Promotion Institute ProEcuador and Dubai Ports World (DP World) signed an agreement last September 14 that makes Ecuador the first Latin American nation to obtain preferential rates with this international port operator.
The agreement aims to improve trade relations between the country and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) by increasing the volume of Ecuadorian exports to Dubai. However, preferential rates with discounts range from 1% to 56% on the use of the Jebel Ali port facilities.
The signing took place between Mario Vallejo, head of ProEcuador's commercial office in Dubai and Mohammed Al Muallem, senior vice president and general manager of DP World, which has a network of 78 terminals in 40 countries.
From January to July 2017, non-oil exports from Ecuador to the UAE recorded a growth of 50.7% in FOB value (from $ 16.02 million to $ 24.15 million) and 55.9% in tons (from 24. 9 thousand MT to 38.9 thousand MT), compared to the same period of 2016.
Ecuador's banana is the product with the highest demand; on average 70% of the non-oil exports to that country correspond to this fruit. Other products with an important demand are those made from bananas (organic and orito), roses, chewing gum, chocolates, large and organic shrimp, broccoli, avocado, among others.
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: