Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Avocado exports grew 26% through September
The dynamism of avocado shipments has allowed the volume of exports to grow 26% through September this year, compared to 2016, as highlighted by Fresh Fruit Peru, an agency specialized in commercial intelligence for agro-exports.
Fresh Fruit Peru reported that more than 80% of shipments were directed to, respectively: the Netherlands (37%), the United States (27%) and Spain (17%). In the case of the United States, a 129% increase was reported in relation to the January-September period of 2016. "It is a data of great importance because it implies a diversification in this fruit's destination markets," they emphasized.
In the first nine months of the year, 271 thousand tons and more than 11 thousand containers of avocados were sent." Such figures are very close to the closing results of the campaign that will conclude week 38 and will allow us to affirm that the 2017 season was better than the previous year's one," they anticipated.
On the other hand, they indicated that the blueberry campaign started with a volume of 7,900 tonnes in weeks 27 and 37, with the United States (28%), China (23%) and the Netherlands (22%).
"China is the great novelty among the panorama of purchasing countries with 24% of the total volume, compared to almost 0% in 2016," they said. This effect is due to the implementation of the phytosanitary protocol that allows the access of Peruvian blueberries to the Chinese market.
- Until August, avocado exports reached US $ 530 million in FOB value, while blueberry exports moved more than US $ 46 million in FOB value.
- It should be noted that the blueberry campaign will run until the first four months of 2018. The results that have been collected present a growth tendency, but they are not definitive enough to give an advance notice of the final volume.
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: