Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Virginia's bountiful pumpkin harvest to continue until end October
It will be a good year for all things pumpkin in the state of Virginia this season.
According to a news release from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, farmers began harvesting quality crops around Labor Day and will continue until the end of October.
A 2016 survey by the U.S. Department of Agriculture determined Virginia has about 2,300 acres of wholesale pumpkins with a value of more than $11 million.
“Virginia is fortunate to have a favorable environment for growing pumpkins, which brings many opportunities for consumers across the state to enjoy fall festivals and pick-your-own pumpkin activities,” Sandy Adams, Virginia Department of Agriculture commissioner, said in a news release.
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: