Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Virginia's bountiful pumpkin harvest to continue until end October
It will be a good year for all things pumpkin in the state of Virginia this season.
According to a news release from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, farmers began harvesting quality crops around Labor Day and will continue until the end of October.
A 2016 survey by the U.S. Department of Agriculture determined Virginia has about 2,300 acres of wholesale pumpkins with a value of more than $11 million.
“Virginia is fortunate to have a favorable environment for growing pumpkins, which brings many opportunities for consumers across the state to enjoy fall festivals and pick-your-own pumpkin activities,” Sandy Adams, Virginia Department of Agriculture commissioner, said in a news release.
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: