Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Virginia's bountiful pumpkin harvest to continue until end October
It will be a good year for all things pumpkin in the state of Virginia this season.
According to a news release from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, farmers began harvesting quality crops around Labor Day and will continue until the end of October.
A 2016 survey by the U.S. Department of Agriculture determined Virginia has about 2,300 acres of wholesale pumpkins with a value of more than $11 million.
“Virginia is fortunate to have a favorable environment for growing pumpkins, which brings many opportunities for consumers across the state to enjoy fall festivals and pick-your-own pumpkin activities,” Sandy Adams, Virginia Department of Agriculture commissioner, said in a news release.
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: