Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Republic of Srpska- Bosnia and Herzegovina:
Huge top and stone fruit losses after drought follows frostThe negative low air temperatures and frost that hit the Republic of Srpska and Bosnia on the 21 and 22 of April 2017, left growers with huge losses for stone and top fruit, now estimated at 12 million euros.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry of the Republic of Srpska, said that the frost damages were recorded on more than 2,000 hectares of intensive and semi-intensive orchards and vineyards throughout the Republic. The worst damage was suffered by pears, plums, apples and cherries.
"To make matters worse, fruit growers have also been hit by drought, which has decreased total production by 25% causing 38 million in losses. The fruit quality is poor and most of the production has finished for the processing sector. Bosnia and Herzegovina are experiencing exactly the same situation," shared Bojan Kecman from the Ministry of Ag from the Republic of Srpska.
"Without frost protection systems and irrigation systems, fruit producers will not be able to fight against natural disasters and I know that they will continue to see a decrease in production year on year."
For more information:
Ministry of Agriculture-Republic of Srpska
Tel: +387 65 742 293,
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: