Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Rossovivo - over 120 types of soft fruit
When talking about soft fruit, we often think about the usual 5-10 products. However, Rossovivo grows around 50 types of soft fruit in approximately 120 varieties. This figure was reached thanks to the research of products from all over the world.
The company is located in the small town of Borghi, in the Forlì province. Here, Paolo Giorgini, Silvia Pazzaglia and Laura Giorgini grow soft fruit on 6 hectares. "Our wide range is our strength, as it enables us to surprise potential clients. We have just started but are already gaining popularity with high-end restaurants, bars and greengrocers."
Strawberries in vertical sacks
While everyone knows traditional red raspberries, Rossovivo's catalogue includes other 5 different varieties. The same goes for currants, blueberries, yellow cherries, blackthorn, strawberry fruits, wild plums and mini-kiwis.
"Our limit at the moment is supply continuity. We have only started one year ago and are still getting organised but will be fully operational as of next season. We have innovative ideas as regards processed products as well, but have started with fresh produce in the meantime. We have in fact introduced 'Le Miniature', a berry mix."
Le Miniature, 150 gram pots
They are pots containing 150 grams of three types of berries depending on the season. They generally change every 7 days so that bars, distributors and retailers can count on something that is renewed every week.
Three types of soft fruits per pot, changing every week
In addition to owning 6 hectares in Romagna, Rossovivo collaborates with companies in northern and southern Italy to extend its production calendar. This first year, the company focused on high-end restaurants as many chefs use fruit to prepare unique dishes.
"Our objective is to stand out not only in the fresh produce segment, but in the processed product one as well. We are less interested in dried products because there are already many available on the market."
Rossivivo soc. agr.
Via Fondovalle Rubicone 2
47030 Borghi (FC) - Italy
Tel.: (+39) 328 3127019
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: