Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Andalusia approves rules for integrated production of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries
Last Monday, the Regional Council of Agriculture, Fisheries and Rural Development published the Specific Regulations for the Integrated Production of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries in Andalusia, which has come into force as of this Tuesday 26 September.
The new regulation features all compulsory, prohibited and recommended practices for each of the tasks carried out during the whole cultivation cycle of red fruits, reports the Andalusian government in a statement.
The fulfilment of these practices will lead to the granting of the certification allowing for the use of the quality logo "Integrated Production of Andalusia".
This technical regulation, which focuses on blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, will complement the Integrated Production Regulation for strawberries approved last July. As a result, all berry crops in Andalusia will now benefit from this productive system, which takes into account the new demands of society in terms of environmental protection, health and quality.
The acreage under Integrated Production in Andalusia currently amounts to more than 543,000 hectares. The provinces with the largest area are Seville, Jaen and Granada, in that order. As a whole, Andalusia has more than 53,000 producers. As far as strawberry cultivation is concerned, there are currently 4,700 hectares, which is 64 percent of the total cultivated area.
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: