Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Custard apples are back in Hyderabad
Custard apples are back in Hyderabad and prices are ranging from Rs 300 to Rs 500 a kg and the imported varieties such as the ‘Graviola’ are costlier – from Rs 500 to Rs 1,200, depending on the size.
“The season for custard apple is from August to October, but in Telangana the fruit hits the markets mostly after Vijayadasami (Dasara). The custard apples come from Rajahmundry and Bengaluru to MJ market. The prices will skyrocket in the early phase of the season but, dips by the middle of the season,” says S Ajay Kumar, another vendor at MJ market.
“Custard apples also come to city markets from the agency areas of Adilabad district, Kalwakurthy, Achampet and Jadcherla in Nagarkurnool district, and also from villages on the city outskirts,” officials in Gaddiannaram fruit market, Kothapet, said.
1 Rs = 0.015 USD
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: