Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Custard apples are back in Hyderabad
Custard apples are back in Hyderabad and prices are ranging from Rs 300 to Rs 500 a kg and the imported varieties such as the ‘Graviola’ are costlier – from Rs 500 to Rs 1,200, depending on the size.
“The season for custard apple is from August to October, but in Telangana the fruit hits the markets mostly after Vijayadasami (Dasara). The custard apples come from Rajahmundry and Bengaluru to MJ market. The prices will skyrocket in the early phase of the season but, dips by the middle of the season,” says S Ajay Kumar, another vendor at MJ market.
“Custard apples also come to city markets from the agency areas of Adilabad district, Kalwakurthy, Achampet and Jadcherla in Nagarkurnool district, and also from villages on the city outskirts,” officials in Gaddiannaram fruit market, Kothapet, said.
1 Rs = 0.015 USD
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: