Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan vegetable export value increases by nearly 9%
The food exports from Pakistan have surged by 30.06 percent during the first two months of the current fiscal year compared to the corresponding period of last year.
The country earned $512.321 million by exporting various food commodities during July-August (2-17-18) compared to the exports of $393.926 million in July-August (2016-17), showing growth of 30.06 percent, according to the data of Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS).
The exports of vegetables went up from 18.8% to 20.5%, an increase of 8.74 percent. Export of oil seeds, nuts and kernals reached $5.410 million during the first two months of current year compared to $3.468 million, showing an increase of 56 percent.
The exports from the country during July-August (2017-18) were recorded at $3.497 billion against the exports of $3.128 billion during July-August (2016-17), showing growth of 11.8 percent.
The trade deficit during the first two months of the current fiscal year was recorded at $6.290 billion which indicated an increase of 33.52 percent when compared to the deficit of $4.711 billion during the same period of last year.
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: