Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Photo report New York Produce show
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan vegetable export value increases by nearly 9%
The food exports from Pakistan have surged by 30.06 percent during the first two months of the current fiscal year compared to the corresponding period of last year.
The country earned $512.321 million by exporting various food commodities during July-August (2-17-18) compared to the exports of $393.926 million in July-August (2016-17), showing growth of 30.06 percent, according to the data of Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS).
The exports of vegetables went up from 18.8% to 20.5%, an increase of 8.74 percent. Export of oil seeds, nuts and kernals reached $5.410 million during the first two months of current year compared to $3.468 million, showing an increase of 56 percent.
The exports from the country during July-August (2017-18) were recorded at $3.497 billion against the exports of $3.128 billion during July-August (2016-17), showing growth of 11.8 percent.
The trade deficit during the first two months of the current fiscal year was recorded at $6.290 billion which indicated an increase of 33.52 percent when compared to the deficit of $4.711 billion during the same period of last year.
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: