Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Mango exports earned Pakistan $94M in two years
Mango exports earned Pakistan $94.059 million in foreign exchange during 2014-16, officials in the Commerce Division said on Tuesday.
Quoting figures compiled by the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS), they said that 129,423 tons of mangoes were exported to various countries in the last two years. Figures for the recently-concluded fiscal year were not discussed.
During 2014-15, Pakistan exported 65,311 tons worth $45.672 million while in 2015-16,64,112 tons were exported valued at $48.387 million.
Most importing countries require vapour heat treatment and irradiation before accepting exports, the officials said, adding that the government has taken steps to improve quality including establishing of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for growers for effective farming and cultivation.
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: