Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan: Vegetable prices rise suddenly in AbbottabadVegetable prices including those of tomatoes and onions on Saturday pinched the pocket of the common man as the prices of both items reached their peak in Hazara.
Price of tomatoes crossed Rs160 (1.52 USD) per kilogram while onion prices reached Rs80 (0.76 USD) per kg whereas the tomato price increased more than 200 per cent after Eidul Azha.
On enquiring a vegetable vendor said that the recent price hike was caused by the provincial vacation on first Muharram continued with two weeks off.
The shopkeeper said that nowadays Afghanistan is a major source of tomato import while the Pak-Afghan borders would also remain closed for three days.
Read more at The Express Tribune
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: