Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Henk van Doorne, Van Doorne Imex:
"Large lettuce trade better, Romaine lettuce less so"
The trade in Romaine lettuce was good for a long time, but is now more difficult. The prices of Romaine lettuce are around 9 Euro. For the larger lettuce, which has prices between 38 and 45 cents, the trade is going more smoothly, says Henk van Doorne of Van Doorne Imex from 's-Gravenzande.
Henk van Doorne
According to Henk the trade in Romaine lettuce is mostly domestic, added to with smaller volumes for the Middle East. "The time of lots of Romaine lettuce going to Germany is over. But I personally think that we did some of that ourselves. Big sizes do primarily go to Germany, added to with a single pallet for the Swiss market."
"Thankfully, the quality of the lettuce is improving. It's a thrips year in all crops and it's the same for lettuce. Now that the fusarium problems are lessening - we aren't as bothered by it in the winter - the supply will increase over the coming weeks. People will start to think about Christmas and will dare to plant some more."
Publication date: 9/29/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: