Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Geoportal created to increase Orri variety's visibility
The ORRI mandarin Producers Association, Orri Running Committee (ORC) has created the GEOPORTAL ORRI to provide more accurate and effective information on the legal origin of this protected mandarin variety and its integrated management. The web portal is aimed at recognized producers who must enter with a username and password.
Following the success of the first mobile application (Orri App) to identify irregular plots of a protected citrus variety, the Orri variety association (ORC) reinforces its control and defense objectives by launching GEOPORTAL ORRI. With this new action, the ORC goes a step further in the development and technological innovation oriented to the management of protected varieties, by means of the creation of a new computer tool that allows a more precise and effective monitoring of the authorized farms.
This innovative tool is designed to increase the visibility and information available of the Premium Orri variety, among all members of the consumer chain (producers, distributors, retailers and consumers), thus providing added value to the product. Among its many applications, it is worth highlighting the possibility that its users will have to obtain information on the state and production data of each farm, audits received, data of interest for the labels, information on the quality of the product, etc.
In addition, it is projected to be a tool that will improve distribution compliance of its commitment to social responsibility, and control over food safety, by having a dynamic and efficient system for managing the traceability and legal origin of the product. At the same time, it will be possible to implement actions to improve the quality and productivity of the Orri mandarin.
GEOPORTAL ORRI, which will be presented at the Innova Forum of Fruit Attraction 2017, is a quick and easy access point via the internet that allows the user to know, access and visualize all the information related to the Orri variety through a geospatial representation; making integration, interoperability and information exchange between the different operators of the consumer chain more efficient. For this, the tool has a different configuration with limited access for each of the operators (administrators, producers, labelers, distributors and in the future, consumers) that can make use of GEOPORTAL. This limitation ensures that during the agricultural campaign, and for reasons of compliance with the antitrust rules, ORC does not have access to any economic or productive data on the commercialization of the fruit, so that users are the only ones with a full operation of the application.
With this, ORC, as an entity that manages and finances the work of control, defense and promotion of the Orri variety, aims to improve the positioning of this mandarin in the market and optimize the profitability of its associated producers.
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: