Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
USA authorizes the entry of Ecuadorian pitahaya after a decade of negotiations
On September 21, 2017, the United States authorized the entry of shipments of Ecuadorian pitahaya fruit from the production sites and collection centers registered and approved, as indicated in the Work Plan signed by the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) and the Ecuadorian Agency of Agricultural Quality Assurance (AGROCALIDAD), concluding the negotiation process between the two countries successfully.
Currently, there are 1,634 hectares of pitahaya cultivated, as well as 254 nationally registered Ecuadorian entrepreneurs among producers, collectors and fruit exporters.
Therefore, the export of pitahaya to the United States will generate great benefits to producers at the national level, mainly from the provinces of Morona Santiago, Guayas, Pichincha, Imbabura, Santo Domingo, Santa Elena and El Oro, which meet the importing country's established phytosanitary requirements, and are certified by AGROCALIDAD as the country's National Phytosanitary Protection Agency.
In 2016, 830 tons were exported; but with the opening of the US market approximately 8,000 tonnes are expected to be exported, according to estimates.
Dirección General de Comunicación Social
Av. Eloy Alfaro N30-350 y Av. Amazonas esq.
(593) 2 2567 232 ext. 153
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: