Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
USA authorizes the entry of Ecuadorian pitahaya after a decade of negotiations
On September 21, 2017, the United States authorized the entry of shipments of Ecuadorian pitahaya fruit from the production sites and collection centers registered and approved, as indicated in the Work Plan signed by the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) and the Ecuadorian Agency of Agricultural Quality Assurance (AGROCALIDAD), concluding the negotiation process between the two countries successfully.
Currently, there are 1,634 hectares of pitahaya cultivated, as well as 254 nationally registered Ecuadorian entrepreneurs among producers, collectors and fruit exporters.
Therefore, the export of pitahaya to the United States will generate great benefits to producers at the national level, mainly from the provinces of Morona Santiago, Guayas, Pichincha, Imbabura, Santo Domingo, Santa Elena and El Oro, which meet the importing country's established phytosanitary requirements, and are certified by AGROCALIDAD as the country's National Phytosanitary Protection Agency.
In 2016, 830 tons were exported; but with the opening of the US market approximately 8,000 tonnes are expected to be exported, according to estimates.
Dirección General de Comunicación Social
Av. Eloy Alfaro N30-350 y Av. Amazonas esq.
(593) 2 2567 232 ext. 153
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: