Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
California Prunes on Simply Good Food TV
The California Prune Board has signed up to its own assigned TV channel on the fast growing Simply Good Food TV App - the pioneering media platform dedicated to sharing food content, founded by chef/author Peter Sidwell.
The inaugural move made by California Prunes has set a precedent for others to follow, with Simply Good Food TV now attracting a number of other major food companies/brands who have also recognized the significant marketing potential associated with having their own channel on the App - which has been likened to the food based equivalent of Netflix. The California Prunes TV channel now sits alongside 11 other major food names which include Waitrose, Lakeland, Big Green Egg, Jamie’s Food Tube and Donna Hay.
Simply Good Food TV currently enjoys a membership of 300,000 viewers and has recently invested in a campaign which trials Beacon technology on London Buses – sending messages about the App to Apple and Android phone devices by picking up a signal from beacons located on the vehicles. It is anticipated that this promotion will significantly increase the subscriber base and heighten awareness of the Simply Good Food proposition and the opportunity it affords, to watch food related TV on demand, on a small screen.
California Prunes is planning a series of programs to feature on the channel and already regularly posts new recipe content from its team of Brand Ambassadors, including Peter Sidwell.
Commenting on the move, European Marketing Director Esther Ritson-Elliott says, “Peter has been working with us for nearly a year and we have been placing content on Simply Good Food TV throughout that time. It is important for us to stay abreast of how consumers are choosing to consume media and we are delighted to be part of such a forward-thinking initiative from the onset. The App provides an excellent vehicle that allows us to engage with our customers and communicate any key nutritional / health messaging via a blend of recipe led as well as conversational interview style video posts. It also provides an excellent library where we can share the extensive collection of California Prunes inspired recipes, supported by inspirational photography.”
California Prune Board UK
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: