Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Pennsylvania airport to get its own fruit stand
Lehigh Valley International Airport in Pennsylvania is trying its first pop-up market, and it could be the first of many.
This Thursday, the airport in Hanover Township, Lehigh County, will be home to a one-day fruit stand, giving travellers and others the chance to buy an Asian pear grown by local grower Subarashii Kudamono, which has a farm in Kempton.
The stand will be on the second level of the main terminal from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., and the public will get free parking for the first hour when they visit the stand and purchase an item.
“We are always focused on the customer experience, and this is really a unique idea to have here at the airport,” said Colin Riccobon, public information officer for LVIA. “I think there’s the possibility for future pop-up farm stands like this. It’s a great opportunity, we hope to have more in the future.”
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: