Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile positions itself to meet future food challenges
43 Chilean companies, accompanied by the government export promotion agency ProChile, are attending the ANUGA Food Fair to highlight the country's food offering. Its National Pavilion is showcasing the progress made by Chile to meet the food challenges of the future.
Two dominant future food trends are the search for new sources of protein and the consumption of healthier foods, enriched with natural and above all functional additives. To respond to these trends and capitalise on their advantages for agro-industrial production, Chile has chosen to implement a series of policies, public-private initiatives and international agreements to transform its food industry, focusing on three main areas:
The production of superfoods like quinoa, algae, blueberries, maqui, chia, amaranth and kale - Chile is already one of the world's leading exporters of these foods.
An increase in certified organic production, along with a constant growth in total land under organic cultivation, which stood at 131,973 hectares in 2016, 30% up on 2015.
Projects focusing on the development of functional ingredients and specialist natural additives, food packaging and containers, and technological development for agriculture.
The companies attending ANUGA will be demonstrating the breakthroughs made in these fields that better prepare the industry as a whole for the challenges the future will bring.
For more information: http://www.prochile.gob.cl
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: