Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chile positions itself to meet future food challenges
43 Chilean companies, accompanied by the government export promotion agency ProChile, are attending the ANUGA Food Fair to highlight the country's food offering. Its National Pavilion is showcasing the progress made by Chile to meet the food challenges of the future.
Two dominant future food trends are the search for new sources of protein and the consumption of healthier foods, enriched with natural and above all functional additives. To respond to these trends and capitalise on their advantages for agro-industrial production, Chile has chosen to implement a series of policies, public-private initiatives and international agreements to transform its food industry, focusing on three main areas:
The production of superfoods like quinoa, algae, blueberries, maqui, chia, amaranth and kale - Chile is already one of the world's leading exporters of these foods.
An increase in certified organic production, along with a constant growth in total land under organic cultivation, which stood at 131,973 hectares in 2016, 30% up on 2015.
Projects focusing on the development of functional ingredients and specialist natural additives, food packaging and containers, and technological development for agriculture.
The companies attending ANUGA will be demonstrating the breakthroughs made in these fields that better prepare the industry as a whole for the challenges the future will bring.
For more information: http://www.prochile.gob.cl
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: