Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
PURE Queen Victoria pineapples from Réunion
Fruit and vegetable specialists, AMS European, created their own brand, PURE, in 2012 to offer their clients high quality produce. Their latest fruit commercialised under the PURE brand is the Queen Victoria pineapple produced in the Réunion.
The Queen Victoria pineapple is recognised for it’s very sweet flavour and small size. AMS European supplies their most faithful clients, who are wholesalers across France, with the PURE Queen Victoria pineapples. The season has just begun and will continue until January. For the time being, demand is good and clients are happy with the quality, taste and colour of the fruit. AMS European’s imported volume is small, representing about 2-6 palettes, or 1.5-2 tons, a week, (except at Christmas when production peaks and reaches 3-4 tons a week) but clients are putting in weekly orders.
AMS European explains that their clients appreciate the fact that their pineapples are French. The Queen Victoria variety is more expensive than other pineapple varieties which come from countries including Costa Rica, Colombia or the Dominican Republic. Mauritius also produces Queen Victoria pineapples, which are imported into France in large volumes for central purchasing platforms or supermarkets, but they are less favoured by AMS European’s clients who are reassured by the French origin of the PURE Queen Victoria pineapples.
Prices of the PURE Queen Victoria pineapple are stable year round, except at Christmas when they increase slightly. In general, the Queen Victoria is sold for €3.5-€4/kilo (€1 or €2 more than other varieties). The PURE Queen Victoria’s are mainly calibre 7 and are packaged in 7 piece palettes.
For more information:
Tel: +33 1 4180 0303
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: