Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Switzerland: KÖLLA Group
Expansion overseas, new markets, new trade fairs, a new approach
The KÖLLA Group has adopted a new approach and is expanding internationally. This year the company was present at the most important trade fairs in the industry - Berlin, London, Hong Kong and Madrid.
“After our first few steps this direction, we intensified our focus on the Asian and Arabic markets. The large trade fairs for the fruit sector offer us an excellent platform to present our new activities,” said Marc Nikolai, Managing Director of KÖLLA in Bern, Switzerland. So now the KÖLLA Group sells European fruit and vegetables in Asia, the USA and Arab countries and imports produce from South America, South Africa, Egypt and India. In October 2016, the company founded KÖLLA Overseas, with experienced employees, and changed the structure of the Export Department to facilitate these developments.
Representatives of KÖLLA with a stand at the Asia Fruit Logistica Fair - Photo: Freshplaza
Furthermore, in 2017 the company increased their presence at several international trade fairs such as Asia Fruit Logistica in Hongkong, Fruit Logistica in Berlin, the London Produce Show and they will be present at Fruit Attraction in Madrid (18 to 20 October 2017). Every trade fair serves a different purpose, while KÖLLA has been present in Berlin with a stand for twelve years running; London was part of the first steps towards the British market. And Fruit Attraction in Madrid is part of the approach to reach out to the South American markets.
KÖLLA offers partners, purchasers, producers and potential customers through extra tradefair activities the opportunity to discuss cooperation with country contacts and product groups directly and efficiently.
The theme of the KÖLLA stands is: “The world is close by”. “We want to make it very clear that we are at home all over the world,” stated Managing Director Marc Nikolai, emphasizing the international expansion of the KÖLLA Group. The international activities offer production partners the possibility to explore new markets outside Europe. He emphasizes: “With eight branches in seven countries and experienced employees with more than twelve nationalities, we are well prepared for upcoming international challenges.
The availability of sufficient, high-quality produce, 365 days of the year are the characteristics of the KÖLLA group.
For more information:KÖLLA & Co.
An der Gümpgesbrücke 7
Phone: +49 (2131) 66 13 0
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: