Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam to focus on food safety to reach export goals
Vietnam will adopt multiple solutions to reach its target of 200 billion USD in total export value for the year, a year-on-year increase of 13 percent, officials said.
They added that the national export value would have high growth potential this year because Vietnam has advantages in exporting certain key products, such as farming products and others. The most important aspect is that local exporters must reform themselves and make use of good opportunities in export markets around the world.
For example, in terms of market structure, the United States has maintained its position as the largest export market for Vietnamese goods. However, according to the Ministry of Industry and Trade, local exporters’ greatest challenge in exporting their goods to this market are technical barriers, with strict standards for quality and food safety.
Therefore, the ministry said, for the long term, enterprises processing and producing goods for export should improve their competitiveness and the quality of their products to meet food-safety standards to maintain and expand their export market in the United States.
The ministry said local enterprises would need to improve their production and processing capacity as well as their competitiveness in terms of quality and price to further penetrate the ASEAN market.
For other important export markets, such as Japan, the Republic of Korea and the EU, experts suggested that local exporters should ensure the quality of their goods, especially for the safety of consumers.
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: