Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Long-range temperature monitoring solution for fresh produce shipments
Tracking the temperature of sensitive and perishable products during transport is a real industry challenge. The growing requirement for traceability has led to increasing expenses related to monitoring the cold chain: it is expected that $6.23 billion dollars will be spent annually for monitoring by 20221.
To solve the problem, OCEASOFT, a member of the LoRa Alliance, developed the Cobalt ML3 solution. Cobalt ML3 connected data logger takes care of temperature traceability during product logistics phases, using long-range wireless technology.
The solution has been chosen by Dispam Groupe 2M, a French expert in refrigerated truck transport, with a deployment in progress for its entire vehicle fleet to ensure end-to-end temperature tracking for its customers.
The solution automatically collects temperature data recorded by Cobalt ML3 modules and transfers the information to a secure Cloud platform via a network of receivers using the LoRaWan protocol.
Using the solution, OCEASOFT claims that no human intervention is needed to ensure continuous temperature monitoring across the entire logistics chain.
The Cobalt ML3 uses low-energy-consumption technologies enabling battery life up to one year. An external waterproof, protective casing can also be used for logistics and transport applications requiring additional robustness. Cobalt ML3 respects regulatory standards, notably EN 12830 and 21 CFR Part 11.
For more information:
Tel: +33 (0) 4 99 13 67 30
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: