Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Long-range temperature monitoring solution for fresh produce shipments
Tracking the temperature of sensitive and perishable products during transport is a real industry challenge. The growing requirement for traceability has led to increasing expenses related to monitoring the cold chain: it is expected that $6.23 billion dollars will be spent annually for monitoring by 20221.
To solve the problem, OCEASOFT, a member of the LoRa Alliance, developed the Cobalt ML3 solution. Cobalt ML3 connected data logger takes care of temperature traceability during product logistics phases, using long-range wireless technology.
The solution has been chosen by Dispam Groupe 2M, a French expert in refrigerated truck transport, with a deployment in progress for its entire vehicle fleet to ensure end-to-end temperature tracking for its customers.
The solution automatically collects temperature data recorded by Cobalt ML3 modules and transfers the information to a secure Cloud platform via a network of receivers using the LoRaWan protocol.
Using the solution, OCEASOFT claims that no human intervention is needed to ensure continuous temperature monitoring across the entire logistics chain.
The Cobalt ML3 uses low-energy-consumption technologies enabling battery life up to one year. An external waterproof, protective casing can also be used for logistics and transport applications requiring additional robustness. Cobalt ML3 respects regulatory standards, notably EN 12830 and 21 CFR Part 11.
For more information:
Tel: +33 (0) 4 99 13 67 30
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: