Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Poland: Apples for processing expected to become more expensive
Purchase prices of apples for processing have remained high at the beginning of September this year, almost 3 times above those recorded last year.
According to Mariusz Dziwulski, an analyst at PKO BP interviewed by Sadyogrody, this strong growth is the result of the lower supply of apples compared to the previous year. GUS estimates actually point to a 30-35% drop, although this may be slightly revised upwards in the next September CSO forecasts. Not only is there a lack of raw material, but also probably lower stocks of concentrated apple juice in the country at the beginning of the 2017/18 season.
Prices of concentrated apple juice are likely to remain higher in the 2017/18 season, although further increases may be hampered by a higher supply of concentrate in China, which could weaken EU exports to the US market and lead to increased imports of Chinese concentrate into the EU-28.
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: