Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Limia harvesting big volumes of quality potatoes at a good pace
The potato harvest in the Spanish municipality of Xinzo de Limia is developing well, with very good results both in terms of quality and volume, as reported by the Government of Galicia in a press release, in which they also mention the product's excellent phytosanitary condition, as there have been no pests or diseases.
The harvest started several weeks earlier than in the previous season. At the moment, 30% of the potatoes in the region and up to 70% of those under the PGI have already been harvested. The campaign is expected to come to an end between next week and early October, according to the representatives of the regulatory council. As regards the production volume, the prospect is to harvest about 125 million kilos in the area, of which between 8.5 and 9 million are covered by the PGI. These figures are about 10% higher than last year, according to estimations from the Regulatory Council.
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: