Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Limia harvesting big volumes of quality potatoes at a good pace
The potato harvest in the Spanish municipality of Xinzo de Limia is developing well, with very good results both in terms of quality and volume, as reported by the Government of Galicia in a press release, in which they also mention the product's excellent phytosanitary condition, as there have been no pests or diseases.
The harvest started several weeks earlier than in the previous season. At the moment, 30% of the potatoes in the region and up to 70% of those under the PGI have already been harvested. The campaign is expected to come to an end between next week and early October, according to the representatives of the regulatory council. As regards the production volume, the prospect is to harvest about 125 million kilos in the area, of which between 8.5 and 9 million are covered by the PGI. These figures are about 10% higher than last year, according to estimations from the Regulatory Council.
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: