Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Impressive profits from 'akebia'
How long would you persist to make a dream come true? It took Yang Xuanzheng 10 years, during which he carried precious memories of his childhood and dreamed about growing a fruit, that would help to save and share this joy forever. Finally, he succeeded. The fruit has a beautiful name - akebia.
The fruit looks like an eggplant and tastes like banana. Originally it was a wild fruit, but 10 years of the farmer's efforts made it possible to be grown commercially. With the support and guidance of the Xi'an Fruit Industry Technology Popularization Center, last year he finally managed to grow 4 akebias of the finest quality. After that, he got 2 hectares of land and last year's fruits successfully became this year's new harvest.
Akebia belongs to an expensive category of fruits. At the moment it costs 50 yuans per kilo. One hectare of land can produce 1000 kilos and, at its most productive, 2,500 kilos. The profits from an even larger plantation could be incredible.
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: