Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
The next one is scheduled for Wednesday
Argentina: First shipment of blueberries sent to the US
The flight departed from Benjamín Matienzo Airport directly to Miami. Thus was inaugurated the blueberry 2017 export season.
This was possible due to the airport's runway extension, which now measures 3,500 meters, allowing for better manoeuverability in the landing and takeoff of cargo aircrafts. The second cargo of the fruit is scheduled to leave next Wednesday morning.
"The province's opening to the world's most demanding markets speaks of the potential that Tucumán has to continue investing, and generating production, which translates into more work for all of Tucuman," said Governor Juan Manzur a few days ago.
"In this first flight there was 53 tons, more than could be loaded before, because the track was not long enough to make direct flights with a full load," explained Francisco Estrada, president of the Association of Producers of Blueberries of Tucumán (Apratuc).
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: