Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
The next one is scheduled for Wednesday
Argentina: First shipment of blueberries sent to the US
The flight departed from Benjamín Matienzo Airport directly to Miami. Thus was inaugurated the blueberry 2017 export season.
This was possible due to the airport's runway extension, which now measures 3,500 meters, allowing for better manoeuverability in the landing and takeoff of cargo aircrafts. The second cargo of the fruit is scheduled to leave next Wednesday morning.
"The province's opening to the world's most demanding markets speaks of the potential that Tucumán has to continue investing, and generating production, which translates into more work for all of Tucuman," said Governor Juan Manzur a few days ago.
"In this first flight there was 53 tons, more than could be loaded before, because the track was not long enough to make direct flights with a full load," explained Francisco Estrada, president of the Association of Producers of Blueberries of Tucumán (Apratuc).
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: